A Mobile Data Terminal (MDT) is a computerized device used in public transit vehicles, taxicabs, courier vehicles, service trucks, commercial trucking fleets, military logistics, fishing fleets, warehouse inventory control, and emergency vehicles to communicate with a central dispatch office. They are also used to display mapping and information relevant to the tasks and actions performed by the vehicle such as CAD drawings, diagrams & safety information.
BioEnable has launched Trans v1 Mobile Data Terminal which is suitable for wide range of business applications. It is here to change the way you do your business today..!!
- The Trans v1 compact mobile terminal comes with LCD, Keypad, Thermal printer and supports GPRS or Wi-Fi wireless communication.
- It supports multiple ID card modules like Magnetic Swipe, Mifare or Contact smartcard. It comes with LCD, Keypad, Thermal printer and supports GPRS or Wi-Fi wireless communication.
- It supports multiple ID card modules like Magnetic Swipe, Mifare or Contact smartcard.
- It is suitable for applications like Mobile Data collection like Attendance or Inventory management, Loyalty Programs, RFID & Logistics management, Smart card or Credit Card transactions and more.
- Elegant & slim design, similar to standard credit card machines used in shops
- Large capacity rechargeable LiON battery
- Powerful transceiver to capture weak radio signaling to ensure reliable transaction
- Powerful ARM Processor
- Linux Operating System allow Multiple applications architecture
- Embedded wireless communication module GPRS and WiFi (optional)
- Ergo-designed built-in PIN Pad with extra dust and water proof
- High speed thermal printer, up to 28 lines/sec, support Out-of-paper detection and
- Printing double-layer paper
- Application software can be updated online
- Mobile Data collection like Attendance or Inventory management
- Loyalty Programs
- RFID & Logistics Management
- Smart card or Credit Card transactions
|Memory||24 MB (Flash & SDRAM)|
|Display||128*64 pixel LCD with LED back-light|
|Keypad||20 Keys (10 alphanumeric ,9 function & 1 power key)|
|Magnetic Card Reader||Track 1,2,3, bi-directional swippable, standards IS7811,ISO7812|
|IC Card Reader (Optional)||EMV Card reader|
|PSAM Slot||PSAM : 2 Slots|
|Contactless Card Reader (Optional)||Mifare technology support|
|Communication||GPRS (WiFi Optional)|
|Remote Download||FTP support|
|Printer||High speed thermal printerEasy-load styleSpeed: up to 25 lines/sec (75mm/sec)Paper width: 58 +0/-1mmPaper roll outside diameter: 50mmAdjustable print gray, supports dual-layer paper|
|Power Supply||Input: 10 to 240VAC 50Hz /60Hz ; Output: 12V DC , 3A|
|Li-ion Battery||2000mAH 35 Hrs standby time supports up to 400 transactions|
|Working Environment||Temperature: 0°C to 50° (32°F to 122°F) ;
Humidity: 10% to 90% (non-condense)
|Storage Environment||Temperature: -20°C to 60° (-4°F to 140°F);
Humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condense)
|Dimensions||220mm * 90mm * 65mm (L*W*H)|
|Optional||Leather case, backup battery, car charger|
|Certification||CCC ,CE,FCC ,UL,RoHS,PCI,PED,EMV|
Thermal Printer : The thermal printer uses a 2.25 inch thermal paper for printing. The paper roll resides inside the plastic enclose shown above.
LCD : The LCD is mainly user for showing different menus, messages etc. It’s a eight line LCD where you can programmatically change the text font. With smallest font, you can display maximum eight lines.
Contactless Card reader : It supports wide range of contactless cards listed below
- mifare S50
- mifare S70
- mifare ultra-light
- mifare desfire
Smart Card Reader : You can read a smart card by inserting it into the slot shown above. It supports IC type smart cards.
Magnetic tape card reader : The device has a swipe type magmatic tape card reader where you can swipe the cards and perform bank transactions, shopping, etc.
Li-ion Battery : This is a rechargeable Li-ion battery with 2150mAh, 7.4V ratings. Has more than 40 hours standby time and supports 400 transactions.
SIM card : The SIM card is mainly used for GPRS connection which is required for transactions, posting attendance logs from contactless card, etc. It can also be used to send text messages related to transactions and other stuff.
SAM cards: It is a smart card in a reduced form factor similar to a SIM card. SAM cards are usually used to hold cryptographic. They can also be used to store small data. This device supports four such SAM cards as shown above.
Other Peripherals : The device comes with RS232 port where you can connect serial fingerprint module which can be used for attendance purpose
- For More details on “Trans V1 with Fingerprint Scanner” Please Visit: http://www.smartsuite.in/fingerprint-mobile-data-terminal-trans-v1-fp
At the very first boot, you will be asked to select network connection type GPRS/WiFi.
- GPRS Settings: If you select GPRS, you will be asked APN, username, password (enter according to your service provider). Then you will be asked SIM PIN. Leave it blank and if all the credentials are correct, you can get connected to GPRS network. (NOTE: The network speed is completely dependent on your service provider)
- WiFi Settings: If you select WiFi, you have two options, manual configure or auto scan network. Auto scan is not recommended as the wifi network may be secured. So it is recommended to use manual configure. Here, you have to enter your access point name, channel and security password. After a short period of time you will get connected to wifi network.
- WiFi with inbuilt antenna
- GPRS/2G with inbuilt antenna
- Windows – Windows XP, Vista & Win7
- Linux 2.6 or better Kernel with Ubuntu, Fedora, RedHat etc.
- C/C++ and more Development environment